5 Step Learning Journey
How it Works
Commitment to positive behaviour change
Students use the Commitment to Change Cards (provided during the session) to make a positive behaviour change towards their health + wellbeing.
Display your cards
Students will display their completed cards in your classroom as a reminder of their commitment, and what they have learnt.
Reconnect with Harold and our Life Ed facilitator through our pre-recorded sessions. Students reflect on what they learnt in their session and how to set and track their positive commitment to change. A step by step teacher guide will be provided to assist teacher.
Acknowledging students achievements
Harold's Stars program creates an ongoing journey, with opportunities to reconnect with Healthy Harold and our facilitator. Students will:
- identify positive behaviours that have positive impacts on their wellbeing
- share and collaborate with their peers on their commitments to change
- participate in engaging activities, teamwork and strategic skills
- take responsibility for implementing their actions
Teachers will be supported as they work alongside their students to continue the learning journey from the initial session to ensure effective and positive behaviour changes are made.
A confident voice has the capacity to act
Students who find their voice in engaging learning environments are more likely to develop:
- confidence to take action both emotionally and physically
- make a positive behaviour change / positive behaviour changes
- a willingness to lead others
- higher self-esteem and confidence
Access the reflective session resources below to complete your 5 Step Learning Journeywith Healthy Harold. Each student will need to have their Commitment to Change card with them.