"I really like it (Student Agency Program) because me and my peers came up with the ideas and the campaign and we're running it. Compared to the teachers who usually do most of the work"
- Connor, Year 6 Student
About Healthy Harold Heroes
Students learn how to design and implement a campaign for their school based around a healthy lifestyle issue. The students develop a challenge-based campaign for their peers so the focus is on kids leading kids to effect change. The program is designed to:
- Amplify Students Voice
- Amplify Learner Agency
- Build Teacher Capacity
Through a project-based action learning approach students participate in regular workshops to design and implement their Healthy Harold Campaign.
Schools have the opportunity to work with a Life Education Victoria Facilitator or provide professional development for staff to independently run this program. Students work collaboratively through five milestones to support their campaign developments:
1. Identify a challenging problem
2. Undertake meaningful inquiry
3. Develop an authentic campaign
4. Implement the campaign
5. Reflect on and evaluate the campaign’s impact
Benefits to Schools
- Enhanced student wellbeing as students are motivated to make lifelong healthy lifestyle choices and are invested in their chosen topic.
- The school community becomes an advocate for healthy living.
- Students develop leadership skills and act as agents of change.
- Teachers can enhance their professional learning and build capacity to deliver the program.
- Share the impact the campaign has had on the school community.
- Reward Healthy Harold Heroes with a badge and Program Certificate. School becomes an ongoing advocate for the Healthy Harold Heroes Campaign and continues to provide leadership responsibilities to future students.
Student Agency Pricing
Healthy Harold Hereoes
bundle pricing available when other programs are booked*
Term-long, deep immersion program
10 x 1 hour sessions
Students develop an authentic campaign based on real-life interests
Campaign launch with life-sized Harold!
Follow-up evaluation session